Elleebana Lash Lift – Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will an Elleebana Lash Lift make my lashes look longer?
A: Yes! It will give the appearance of longer and more beautiful lashes
Q: Will an Elleebana Lash Lift make my eyes appear larger?
A: Yes! It will open your eyes to make them appear healthier, brighter, and more youthful
Q: My lashes are sparse, will an Elleebana Lash Lift make them fuller?
A: Kind of. Elleebana Lash Lift is not a growth serum and it doesn’t add false lashes to your existing lashes, however, the act of lifting your lashes will make them more visible and appear to be thicker.
Q: Will an Elleebana Lash Lift damage my natural lashes?
A: No! Elleebana Lash Lift is a gentle formula combined with flexible shapers to create the irresistible curves you desire. Water-soluble glue is used to adhere lashes to the rods which decrease your chance of losing lashes during the process.
Q:How long will an Elleebana Lash Lift last?
A: Results last approximately 8-12 weeks, but many Elleebana Lash Lift clients visit me every 4-8 weeks to keep their lashes bumped and lifted to their most beautiful best.
Q: Is there any special after-care needed?
A: Yes! You’ll need to avoid commercial eye makeup removers and store-bought mascara. (Rest assured I’ll go over what you CAN use during your appointment) You’ll also need to refrain from rubbing or “sweeping” your lashes as much as possible. It’s recommended to avoid excessive heat within 24 hours of receiving an Elleebana Lash Lift
What is sugaring?
- Sugar paste is an all natural method of hair removal made from sugar, lemon juice, and water that has been around for almost 4,000 years. Some companies will add soothing botanicals to make sugaring even less irritating to the skin.
Why is it better then waxing?
- Hair only needs to be 1/16″ before it can be removed. Wax requires 1/4″ or longer.
- Sugar only adheres to hair and dead skin and can be used as many as 20 times in the same area without damaging healthy skin.
- Done properly, sugaring is significantly less likely to break hairs leading to hairless smoother skin over a longer period.
- BEST OF ALL with sugaring you may see much of the hair being removed never come back. That’s right- sugaring can lead to permanent hair removal.
While I can point to literature that shows you benefit after benefit of utilizing the IR sauna, only you know what’s right for your body. If you have any reservations please discuss them with your physician.
What is an infrared sauna and how is it different from other saunas?
- An infrared sauna uses light to create heat. This type of sauna is sometimes called a far-infrared sauna — “far” describes where the infrared waves fall on the light spectrum. A traditional sauna uses heat to warm the air, which in turn warms your body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly.
What are the benefits of an IR sauna?
Infrared sauna treatments take place between 110º – 150º which is much lower than the normal 160º – 220º that steam and hot rock saunas reach. Reactions in the body, including:
- increased sweating (some people even report heavy or ”vigorous sweating”
- increased heart rate
- the same type of clarity-of-mind feelings as moderate exercise
- relaxation responses triggered by the body’s parasympathetic nervous system
Kaiser has an interesting article on the benefits of hyperthermia achieved during sauna use. Various small studies show regular sauna users are less likely to get sick, may experience a decrease in chronic pain and may even deplete stress hormones for a time causing them to experience less stress later.
How do I get the most out of my visit?
Before your appointment: Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting sweaty and arrive a few minutes early for your appointment. Determine if you can stay sweaty after the appointment or if you need water and a washcloth to de-sweatify before you leave and let me know when you check in.
Bring to the appointment – either water or an electrolyte drink and something to listen to. There is a lower temp spot in the sauna by the bottom of the door where you can set items you want to keep cool but bring electronics into the sauna at your own risk.
During the appointment – An infrared sauna is best enjoyed naked. If you must wear clothes, bring something natural and lightweight. Bring your drink into the sauna with you – the more hydrated you are the more you should sweat. If you haven’t used a sauna in awhile or are sensitive to heat you may find that 10 minutes at ~115º is the most you can handle. Over time you can work up to about 40 minutes at ~135º.
After you’re done using the sauna either wash down with the provided washcloth or get dressed and encourage your body to sweat even longer. It could take minutes to an hour or more to return to your natural temperature. If it makes you uncomfortable, you can use cold water or ice on the back of your neck, under your arms or on your feet to cool off quicker.
Where can I find out more information about IR Saunas?
IR saunas are increasingly used in the alternative and holistic health world and information about them can be found far and wide from The Mayo Clinic, Dave Asprey of Bulletproof fame, Dr. Axe and even independent bloggers like Wellness Mama.
As always if you’re not sure, talk to your doctor and do your own research. You can’t relax if you’re uncomfortable.